Accessibility Page Navigation
Style sheets must be enabled to view this page as it was intended.
- Members of the Committee shall be appointed by the Governing Body. The Committee shall have five members at least one of whom shall be a Barclay Fellow. None of the members shall be a holder of College office or serve on the General Purposes Committee.
- Only members of the Committee have the right to attend committee meetings. However, other individuals such as the Principal, other College officers, and external advisers may be invited to attend all or part of any meeting as and when appropriate.
- Appointments to the Committee shall be for a period of up to three years, which may be extended for two further three-year periods.
- The Governing Body shall appoint the Committee Chair, who shall not be a member of Governing Body. In the absence of the Committee Chair the remaining members present shall elect for one of themselves to chair the meeting.
- The quorum for the meetings shall be any three members of the Committee. A duly convened meeting of the Committee at which a quorum is present shall be competent to exercise all or any of the authorities, powers and discretions vested or exercisable by the Committee.
Terms of reference
- To review the effectiveness of the financial and other internal controls systems of the College;
- To report to the Governing Body on the audit of the annual accounts and on other matters within its terms of reference, as required;
- To receive and report on the Auditor's management letters;
- To consider strategic matters in relation to the management of risk in College affairs;
- To call for any investigation that it considers necessary.