Accessibility Page Navigation
Style sheets must be enabled to view this page as it was intended.
Green Templeton College | Oxford

Academic dress

All members of the University are required to wear academic dress with subfusc clothing when attending any university examination, and also for matriculation and graduation ceremonies. It consists of your black graduate gown and a mortarboard (‘square’), or soft cap if preferred, plus subfusc clothing.


You can hire or buy your academic dress from Shepherd & Woodward; details are sent as part of the ‘new student’ mailing in July.



Ground-floor student accommodation is available both on and off site. There is lift access to the basement of the Walton Building, giving access to Library workspace and printing facilities, and the E P Abraham Lecture Theatre which is equipped with a loop aerial for use with hearing aids. The ground floor of the Observatory (including the Dining Hall) is accessible; however, those with mobility difficulties may not be able to access the upper levels.


Green Templeton College will make every effort to assist students with specific access requirements at any stage of their application or studies. Please contact Alison Franklin with any queries or requests. Incoming students are particularly  encouraged to contact GTC in advance of their arrival to discuss any requirements they may have.


The College website is designed with accessibility in mind. If you are having difficulties, please contact Sue Wilson.


See detailed information about student accommodation at GTC.

If you have any particular queries or concerns, please contact Nick Martin in the first instance.

Alternative examination arrangements

If you have a disability, or if you have an injury or illness which affects your ability to sit examinations, special arrangements can be made for you. Please contact Alison Franklin about requesting such arrangements.


All former students of the College are automatically ‘alumni’. You can sign up to receive news bulletins, information about events, College publications, and so on.


College alumni services are administered by the Development Office. Contact the Alumni Relations Coordinator for more details.