The Stables Bar is located in Lankester Quad, and is the centre of the College’s social life.
In addition to the obligatory good selection of drinks at very reasonable prices, there is also a nearby Games Room with a pool table and table-tennis.
The Bar is usually only open in the evenings, and is run by student members.
When the Bar is not open, it and the adjoining Stables Gallery may be booked by any member of the Common Room for private parties, subject to the agreement of the Common Room Committee.
The following conditions will apply:
- Applications to hold a private party should be made in writing to the Dean via the Bar Manager by one person who will be named in the permission and who will be held by the College to be responsible for the general conduct of the party and for the repair of any unreasonable damage. The applicant is asked to ensure that the accommodation is left tidy afterwards; staff time spent in clearing up may be charged for.
- The Bar may be open for a private party with the agreement of the Bar Member. The bartender approved by the Committee will staff it; the member named above is responsible for paying the bartender for the time worked at the hourly rate currently fixed by the Committee.
- The music reproduction equipment installed in the Stables Bar can be used only when the Bar is open.
- Private parties not requiring the use of the Bar or the music reproduction installation may also be held, and drinks and glasses may be made available for this purpose by prior arrangement with the Bar Member.
- The College can accept no responsibility for theft of or damage to private property while on College premises.
Further information with respect to hiring and rules covering the use of these facilities will be sent to applicants.