Wednesday 19th October 2016, at 18:00 at the EP Abraham Lecture Theatre, Green Templeton College
Social Care and Older People in Home and Community Contexts: Findings from a review of existing research and evidence
by Dr Sue Westwood and Professor Mary Daly, Department of Social Policy and Intervention and Green Templeton College.
Download review of existing research and evidence
Monday 14th November 2016, at 18:00 at the EP Abraham Lecture Theatre, Green Templeton College
Social care among older people in the UK: patterns and implications for policy
Athina Vlachantoni, Associate Professor in Gerontology and Head of Teaching Programmes in Gerontology, Centre for Research on Ageing & ESRC Centre for Population Change, University of Southampton.
Wednesday 25 January 2017, at 18:00 at the EP Abraham Lecture Theatre, Green Templeton College
Planning for an ageing society: aligning housing and social care
Professor Paul Burstow, City, University of London and former MP and Minister of State, with Jeremy Porteus, Housing Learning and Improvement Network
Six ‘conversations’ were held in the academic year 2015/16.
• Adult Social Care in England: Policy, Spending and Outcomes 2010 – 2015, Dr Tania Burchardt, Director, CASE (Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion) and Associate Professor, Department of Social Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science. Date of Presentation: 28th October 2015
• Assets-based Approaches to Adult Social Care – Developing a New Public Service Offer, Professor Jon Glasby, Professor of Health and Social Care and Director of the Health Services Management Centre at the University of Birmingham. Date of Presentation: 23rd November 2015.
• The Law and the Right to Care in Old Age, Professor Jonathan Herring, DM Wolfe-Clarendon Fellow and Lecturer in Law, Exeter College, University of Oxford. Date of Presentation: 10th February 2016.
• Quality in Home Care: Searching for the Holy Grail, Professor Jill Manthorpe, Professor of Social Work at King's College London, Director of the Social Care Workforce Research Unit and NIHR Senior Investigator Emeritus. Date of Presentation: 29th February 2016
• Policies to Support ‘Informal’ Carers: Do They Do it Better Elsewhere? Professor Sue Yeandle, Director of the Centre for International Research on Care Labour and Equalities (CIRCLE) at the University of Sheffield. Date of Presentation: 25th April 2016
• Inequality in Later Life: Class, Care and Caring, Professor Christina Victor, Professor of Public Health and Vice-Dean (Research), in the School of Health Sciences and Social Care, Brunel University, London. Date of Presentation: 6th June 2016
The annual report for 2015-2016 can be downloaded here.
Ageing in Place - What Makes for a Caring and Age-friendly Local Environment? Professor Chris Phillipson, Professor of Gerontology, University of Manchester. Date of presentation: 28 January 2015
Ageing in Place - the Physical Environment (2 March, 2015)
- ‘Home Comforts: Housing, Neighbourhoods and an Ageing Society’, Professor Jeremy Myerson, Director, Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design, Royal College of Art.
- ‘Choices on Housing in Later Life: A Miserably Narrow Range of Options?’, Paul Cann, Chief Executive, Age UK Oxfordshire.
The Role of the Market in Care: Different Perspectives (3 June 2015):
- ‘Stakeholders and their Concerns’, Geoff Hodgson - Editor, Caring Times;
- ‘Changing Investment Patterns in Social Care and their Implications’, Derek Breingan - Head of Healthcare Sector UK, Specialist and Acquisition Finance, Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank plc;
- ‘A Commissioner Perspective’, John Jackson - Director, Adult Social Services, Oxfordshire County Council and Director, Strategy & Transformation Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group.