Green Templeton currently has one opening.
Salary: Salary Scale 2.5, £10.56 per hour, or £10,984 p.a. for 20 hours per week, or £13,728 p.a. for 25 hours per week.
Closing date: Friday 1 October at 12:00
Main purpose of job
Working as part of a team to clean the office blocks, student accommodation and shared areas of the college campus.
- Liaise with staff, contractors, students and visitors in a courteous and helpful manner at all times.
- Work as a co-operative team member.
- Clean offices, accommodation, common room areas, stairs and passageways to include vacuuming, mopping floors, dusting, paintwork and brass.
- Clean toilets, sinks and other associated areas, including deep cleaning with specialist cleaning equipment when necessary
- Clean and degrease Ventaxia fans in kitchens and bathrooms, and clean shelves of fridge freezers.
- Clean bedrooms, turn mattresses, including cleaning behind furniture, and check that any foodstuff supplies are replenished in guest room.
- Daily emptying of bins, removal of recyclable waste and disposal of rubbish.
- Clean stairs, paintwork and brass, polish floor using floor-polishing machine, on a rolling schedule.
- Understand and comply with all college policies, including health and safety.
- Ensure that Health and Safety hazards, such as spillages, are cleaned up quickly or reported to supervisor.
- Report any near miss incidents promptly to supervisor.
- Any other duties as appropriate to the nature of the post.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and the college management may, at any time, allocate other duties that are of a similar nature or level.
- Able to relate professionally with staff, contractors and students
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Have an understanding of health and safety issues, particularly COSHH
- Ability to accept instruction from supervisor
- Reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Some previous experience of cleaning
- Experience of working as part of a productive team
- An understanding of the importance of cleaning in a busy, public-facing organisation
- Flexibility to meet the hours demanded by the position
- Ability to manage a physically demanding workload
- Previous experience of working in a college environment
Terms and Conditions of Employment
Green Templeton College. The college is an independent employer and does not automatically apply University of Oxford employment terms and conditions or policies.
The successful applicant will be based on the site at Green Templeton College, Woodstock Road, Oxford, OX2 6HG.
Permanent position available immediately. The position is subject to a six months probationary period.
20 hours per week, or 25 hours per week worked Monday to Friday.
Pro-rata of 38 days per annum (including Bank Holidays). Additional long service holidays apply after 5 years.
Related to the length of service, rising to six months full pay and six months half pay after five years of service.
The post holder is entitled to membership of OSPS, a contributory pension scheme.
- Free lunches, tea and coffee are provided when the kitchens are open.
- Parking is currently available on a first-come first-served basis (this is not a contractual right for staff and it may be removed at any time)
How to apply
All applications must be made on an application form (download form in Word or as a PDF) and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need assistance accessing the form please contact HR Manager Jane Wastie.
It is possible, but not preferred, to send applications by post to Human Resources Department, Green Templeton College, Woodstock Road, Oxford OX2 6HG.
Application closing date
Friday 1 October 2021 at 12:00
Interviews will be held in the week commencing Monday 11 October 2021. As there are several staff members involved in the selection process it will not be possible to alter the interview date.
In the interests of economy we will only contact those candidates who have been shortlisted for interview and they will be informed by telephone or email. Applicants are welcome to telephone or e-mail to check the progress of their application.
All data supplied by applicants will be used only for the purposes of determining their suitability for the post, and will be held in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the University’s Data Protection Policy.
The College will reimburse receipted travel expenses to interview at the rate of a second class rail fare, within the UK.
Green Templeton College values diversity and aspires to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Charity number 1142297.