Emerging Markets Symposium
The Emerging Markets Symposium was created in 2008 to address problems of human welfare in emerging markets.
- emphasizes conversations rather than presentations;
- facilitates conversations by limiting participation to 50 invitees;
- makes the most of their expertise by requiring all of them to contribute to the agenda and introduce or chair at least one session;
- promotes reflection by setting each symposium in the seclusion of Egrove Park, Oxford;
- encourages candour by enforcing the Chatham House Rule and excluding the press and media from all sessions;
- promotes implementation of findings and recommendations through comprehensive strategies of dissemination, communications and policy dialogue.