Accessibility Page Navigation
Style sheets must be enabled to view this page as it was intended.
Green Templeton College | Oxford

Council tax is a property-based tax which is payable on most domestic properties.

Students in single accommodation,
and students sharing a house or flat with other students

Students are exempt from paying council tax in the UK. If you receive a bill for council tax, you should obtain an Enrolment Certificate from the University’s online student self-service point (through the University Student Gateway), and forward this to the city council.

Students living with a partner

If you live with your partner, and he or she is not a student, your household will usually need to pay council tax. You will receive a 25% discount if there is only one adult non-student living at the address. Annual council tax charges (before discounts) for April 2016-March 2017 are as follows:

Observatory Street, 2- bed houses

Observatory Street, 3-bed houses



This is usually charged in 10 monthly instalments by direct debit. Charges will normally rise by a few per cent in April 2016. 

These guidelines also apply if you are living in privately-rented accommodation.

For further information, see the Oxford City Council website.