Accessibility Page Navigation
Style sheets must be enabled to view this page as it was intended.
Green Templeton College | Oxford

Allocation of accommodation for students

Continuing students who are not yet enjoying their second year of College accommodation are asked in Hilary Term if they would like College accommodation in the forthcoming academic year. Those students who require accommodation are asked to submit a request form.

Accommodation for new students will be allocated after the room ballot for continuing students. Allocation will routinely be considered on a first come first served basis. Part-time students will not be allocated rooms until the requirement of full-time students is known but prior to accommodation being offered to full-time students who have already occupied accommodation for 2 years. Within in each priority preference will be given, where possible, to students with disabilities where reasonable adjustments are required.

The incoming GCR President is entitled to accommodation for a third year if required. In recognition of their role consideration will also be given to accommodating other key GCR committee officers (VP Entertainment, VP Welfare, Treasurer and the Internal Entertainment Officer) close to College, where possible.

The room ballot takes place after the end of Hilary Term by drawing the request forms within the categories specified below:

  1. Second or third year students who have never been resident in College
  2. Final year students who have been resident in College for one year
  3. Second year students who have been resident in College for one year
  4. Other continuing students with at least one year's entitlement remaining
  5. Incoming full-time students in order of receipt of accommodation application form
  6. Incoming part-time students (not before late July)
  7. Continuing full-time students requesting a further year in accommodation (not before late July)

Note: In point 2. above, 'final' means 'third year' for clinical and DPhil students and 'second year' for MPhil students. The year of study refers to the year for which accommodation is sought, not the current year.

Students with partners and families

In conjunction with the above order of priority, the following will also be taken into consideration in the allocation of flats:

  1. Couples where both partners are students of the College
  2. Couples where one partner is a student of the College, the other partner being either a student or unemployed
  3. Others 

Houses are normally reserved for students with families.