Cleaning and Safety Measures
COVID-19 Alert Levels
Coronavirus restrictions are still in place across the country. From Monday 12 April, there will be a further relaxing of restrictions under the government’s four-step roadmap offering a route back to a more normal life. This means some businesses and activities will be permitted to re-open and some college facilities can also re-open. Information on college facilities re-opening from Monday 12 April.
COVID-19 NHS app
The NHS COVID-19 app is available to download free on smartphones from the Google and Apple app stores. We encourage staff and students to use the NHS app as part of measures designed to help keep our community safe and well. You will find QR codes placed around college.
The app directs users to the NHS COVID-19 testing service if they are experiencing symptoms but staff and students should always, where possible, use the University’s Testing for COVID-19 – Early Alert Service. It is designed specifically for a University environment and to ease the pressure on the local NHS testing service.
All college members, visitors and contractors should wear a face covering while in an indoor space. Some exceptions apply:
• Staff in single use offices or in offices where 2m social distancing can be maintained
• Students using a desk space in the library/study room while sat at the desk
• Student accommodation household shared spaces
• Gym/squash court
• Medical reasons
College members are advised to keep windows open, where possible, to allow a flow of air through indoor spaces.
Senior Research Fellow Professor Trish Greenhalgh recently collaborated on the following video issuing guidance on reducing the risk of virus transmission indoors by opening windows and allowing flow of air through indoor spaces.
Our cleaning team will continue throughout the national restrictions. They will concentrate their efforts in high demand areas – such as the library, communal bathroom facilities, meeting rooms, etc. Cleaning materials are available in many locations and we encourage all users to clean before and after use. As a community, we all need to pull together to make our site safer for everyone. Please contact email@example.com if you require any further information or supplies.
Bathroom facilities on main site
The bathrooms around college may be restricted, so please check the signs before entering. Please only one person in a bathroom at any one time.
- Fellowship House Bathrooms – for staff only
- Admin Building – one bathroom is for staff only and the other students/visitors
- Walton Building – basement bathrooms are for all college members
- New Block Bathrooms – for use by Meeting Room 1 and 2 users only and residents of New Block
- Observers House/Kawasaki Bathroom – staff only from Observers House, Judith Folk Templeton Room and users of the Kawasaki Room
- Observatory – ground floor bathroom for all users of the Observatory
Please remember to continue to wash your hands regularly when in college. Wash hands for at least 20 seconds and dry. Face coverings are NOT a substitute for washing or sanitising hands.
There are many touch-free hand sanitiser points around college. Please hold your hands under the unit and you will be dispensed a small amount of sanitiser. Please rub this into your hands thoroughly and use regularly when in college buildings and moving between buildings.