Dr Jeffrey Aronson
MA, DPhil, FRCP, HonFBPhS, HonFFPM
Dr Jeffrey Aronson is an Emeritus Fellow of Green Templeton College. He is a consultant physician and clinical pharmacologist in the Centre for Evidence Based Medicine, Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, University of Oxford.
- Methods of classifying, detecting, and reporting adverse drug reactions, including systematic reviews, meta-analyses, and the use of anecdotal reports
- Innovations in drug therapy
- Monitoring therapy in chronic disease
- Systematic reviews of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacokinetic–pharmacodynamic modelling
- The role of mechanisms in the philosophy of evidence-based medicine
- Linguistic aspects of medicine and pharmacology
Teaching and training
- Teaching medical students the fundamentals of clinical pharmacology and therapeutics.
- Ad hoc two-week special study modules in clinical pharmacology and therapeutics for medical students.
- Co-author of didactic textbooks (e.g. The Oxford Handbook of Practical Drug Therapy) and contributor of chapters to others
- Editor, Meyler’s Side Effects of Drugs: The International Encyclopedia of Adverse Drug Reactions and Interactions (16th edition, 2015) and of its annual updates, Side Effects of Drugs Annuals 1-35
- Co-editor (with John Talbot), Stephens’ Detection and Evaluation of Adverse Drug Reactions: Principles and Practice. 6th edition
- President Emeritus, Honorary Fellow, and Vice-President Publications, British Pharmacological Society
- Member of the Advisory Board of the British National Formulary
- Chairman of the British Pharmacopoeia Commission’s Expert Advisory Group on Nomenclature