Local Community Engagement
Green Templeton actively seeks to engage with the local and wider Oxford community on an ongoing basis.
With students from all around the world, the college is particularly keen to offer opportunity to assimilate with the local community beyond the university bubble. This is important not just as a route to get to know one another as good neighbours, but also to work together in areas of shared objectives, for example on sustainability issues.
The college has a number of institutional engagements around the main site on Woodstock Road throughout the year. Many of our fellows, students and staff are also engaged individually. Recent engagement includes:
- Welcoming visitors during Oxford Open Doors
- Hosting a dinner for civic leaders
- Fellows working as local GPs
- Fellows with a wide-range of roles at Oxford Hospitals
- Clinical students training at hospitals in Oxford and across the Thames Valley Region
- Initiatives to support learning for working in healthcare management and tackling the complex issues involved in caring for and with older people
- Given tours of the Radcliffe Observatory and Gardens including for My Jericho
Throughout its history Green College and more recently Green Templeton College has held a number of events open to its neighbours. December 2019 event details.