Green Templeton Photography Competition 2021
This competition has now closed. Thanks for entering!
Cameras at the ready! We’ve got all the details for the Green Templeton College Photography Competition 2021!
This year’s theme is ‘Celebrating the New Normal’.
It’s been a strange and unprecedented year for all of us with the COVID-19 pandemic impacting almost every aspect of our normal lives. While acknowledging the difficult times many of us have faced, the judges want to use the opportunity of this year’s competition to find the most striking and original image celebrating the ‘new normal’.
Who can enter
This competition is open to all members of the Green Templeton community including students, Fellows, Common Room Members, Research Associates, Associate Members, alumni and staff.
What’s the prize?
The winning entry will receive a £150 cash prize.
- Individuals may submit up to three original photographs (no filters applied).
- Selfies, landscapes, portraits etc. all welcome!
- Photographs must have been taken during this academic year.
- You must have the consent of any individuals pictured in your photographs.
- All entries must be the entrant’s original work and not infringe rights of other parties.
How to enter
The competition opens on Monday 19 April at 00:01 and closes on Sunday 23 May at 23:59.
Please submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org together with brief details of when and where the photograph(s) was taken.
The winner will be announced as part of Green Templeton’s Giving Day 2021, which takes place from Tuesday 1 to Wednesday 2 June 2021.
The judging panel will consist of:
- Sir Michael Dixon, Principal
- Dr Charles Roehr, Research Fellow
- Weimin He, Artist-in-Residence
- Bhagya Sivaraman, Alumna (MSc Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy)
- Acheampong Atta-Boateng, Student, (DPhil Geography and the Environment)
The judges will select a winning photograph which, in their opinion, best illustrates the theme of the competition. They will consider factors including composition, technical ability, originality and relevance to the theme.
Consent and reproduction
Responsibility for ensuring consent of any subjects of the picture lies with the photographer. By submitting photographs, individuals agree to Green Templeton reproducing the photographs across college platforms including but not limited to social media, the college website and printed materials, without a fee. A credit will be given wherever possible.
The Green Templeton College Photography Competition has been running since 2009, thanks to the generous support of the late neurologist Dr Elman Poole, who held a long interest in photography.
Here’s a selection of previous winners from across the years.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.