Funding and Awards For All Students
Green Templeton College students can apply for up to £220 per fee-paying year (£110 per fee-paying year for part-time students) to attend relevant conferences or to undertake course-related fieldwork.
Some students may have other study-related needs, such as learning a language to enable research of primary sources, or purchasing a specialised software package to analyse data.
The allocation may be carried forward to subsequent years if unused; but cannot be spent after completion of the course. Clinical medical (BM) students receive a double allowance in their final year to assist with the costs of the final year elective.
Competitive Conference and Fieldwork Funding
In addition to Learning Grants, the Competitive Conference and Fieldwork Funding (CCFF) scheme provides financial support of up to £500 towards course-related activities.
Applications are open to all enrolled Green Templeton students.
CCFF awards are funded by Green Templeton including a generous donation from Emeritus Fellow, Christopher Adams.
Green Templeton Writing Up Bursary
We are pleased invite applications for a small number of Writing Up Bursaries, which will be available to be disbursed in Michaelmas 2022 to GTC DPhil students who are coming to the end of their doctoral funding during the current academic year, 2021-22.
These bursaries are available thanks to the generosity of college donors Professor Catherine Peters (in memory of Dr Anthony Storr), Dr Christian Visdomini, and various donors who have contributed to the college’s Principal’s Fund in recent years.
Financial support for Oxford University Programme in Languages (Fast Track)
Fast Track is run by the University of Oxford Language Centre. It is an early evening programme of courses lasting a full academic year, currently available in nine languages. Learners are expected to be highly motivated and well organised, and places are limited and competitive.
Green Templeton students who are selected for places on Fast Track courses may claim back 50% of the fee on the following conditions:
- A student who is allocated a place on a Fast Track course must notify the Academic Administrator at the beginning of the course (by the end of Week 2 of Michaelmas term).
- The student should successfully complete the course.
- At the end of the course, the student should produce their certificate to the Academic Administrator in order to claim back the appropriate funding.
All Green Templeton students on any programme are eligible for this support.
Students are strongly advised to read the information on the Oxford University Language Centre website before applying. If you have any further queries about this support, please contact the Academic Administrator.
Funding for Blues Sports
These awards are now closed for the 2021-22 year and will reopen in Michaelmas 2022.
Students who represent Green Templeton College at University level sport and are awarded a Blue or ½ Blue may apply for a grant of up to £200 towards their sports expenses.
Please note, applicants must upload relevant documentation from their relevant Blues Squad that confirms their status. Please ensure this is attached to the form below. Otherwise the application will not be considered
Items of expenditure normally covered:
· Essential sports equipment – (the reasonable cost of) bats, hockey sticks, footballs etc. competition entry fees, subs etc
· Hire of facilities: court time etc.
· Kit/clothing, including any footwear, team strips and club uniforms (Blues blazers etc.)
· Refereeing payments
· Travel (if required) outside Oxford; NOT taxis to sports grounds within Oxford. NB Sports tours, whether in the UK or abroad and whether pre-season or during the season, will only qualify in relation to the travel costs involved; not accommodation
Items of expenditure NOT normally covered:
· Refreshments, including training meals
· Medical treatment
Please note: If any of the above are included in the submitted claim they will simply be deleted. Any items not on either list will be left to the discretion of the College.
Claims should be submitted using the form below, accompanied by:
· Original receipts
· Evidence of selection to a Blues squad, and this form being countersigned by the Captain, Vice-Captain or Treasurer of the Blues squad concerned
Please complete your Blue’s Grant Application Form.
If you have any further queries, then please do not hesitate to contact the Development office.
Funding for college-based activities and events
If you would like funding for academic-related activities, please apply for an Academic Grant. If you would like funding for a non-academic-related activity within college, please apply for the Annual Fund. More information on Academic Grants and the Annual Fund.