Further Funding for Student-Run Academic Activities and Events
Students are encouraged to organise their own academic-related events and activities in Green Templeton College. Limited funding (not normally exceeding £1,000 per activity) is available to assist with such events where there is a benefit to Green Templeton students.
- Details of the proposed activity (type of event, proposed date(s), expected attendance, any speakers approached/booked, etc.)
- How it will benefit Green Templeton students
- Any Green Templeton fellows or other senior college members who will be involved or who support the activity
- A budget indicating the overall cost (this can be estimated if you are in the early planning stages)
- The amount of funding being requested from the college
- Any other funding already received or expected from other sources.
If you would like to discuss your proposal before making an application or if you have any questions please contact Ruth.Loseby@gtc.ox.ac.uk.
Students wishing to hold events should ensure that they have contacted the Conference and Events Manager to discuss availability of facilities, potential dates and internal charges before making an application.
To apply please download the application form and return the form by email to Ruth.Loseby@gtc.ox.ac.uk
Funding will not be given from this source for personal academic needs such as conference attendance. You should use your Learning Grant allowance or apply for Competitive Conference and Fieldwork funding
Annual Disbursements Fund
Through the generosity of donors to Green Templeton, the Annual Disbursements Fund can provide grants for academic-related activities (for example, student academic events and initiatives, including professional development) and support for college life (for example, sports, societies and improvements to college facilities).
Bids are accepted from any current student and from staff with direct responsibility for students’ academic needs and well-being.
What types of bids for funding are eligible?
A request could range from a small, one-off event to funding or part-funding to set up a larger, ongoing project.
Examples of bids which have previously received funding include:
- Supplementary funding for the Human Welfare Conference and Personal & Professional Development Programme
- The Refugee Health Conference
- Funding for college sports clubs to attend external competitions
- Improvements to the gardens, including refurbishment of the tennis pavilion
- Replacement sound system for the Stables Bar.
Funding will be released as reimbursement on production of relevant receipts.