College Advisers

All Green Templeton College students have an allocated College Adviser, who is a senior member of the college.

Your adviser is separate from your departmental supervisor (or course director) and is not responsible for directing your academic work. Instead, your College Adviser can:

  • provide pastoral support, for example on health, personal or coping issues, and/or direct you to appropriate persons for assistance
  • monitor your progress, by discussing your University supervision reports and by being available for consultation, either in person or by email
  • discuss with you any problems or difficulties you may be experiencing in your department or faculty, and/or with your supervisor
  • consult the Senior Tutor if there are concerns about your academic progress and if you appear to be experiencing difficulties with your academic work
  • offer guidance on sources of support available within the college and University.

The Senior Tutor and Academic Administrator oversee and allocate College Advisers. You will receive details of your adviser shortly before starting your course and will then meet him/her early in your first term of study.

The college asks both parties to confirm the number of meetings held each term via the Graduate Supervision Reporting system (GSR).